Let us come to you or join us here at GTEC for our 5 day Domestic Electrical Installer course and update your knowledge and skills in our first-class training facility in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We work with the best trainers and assessors in small groups to give you exceptional individual training, making sure that you fully understand what you are learning and helping you to get the very best out of your course.
We work with and support local businesses to provide excellent catering throughout the course duration and can also provide you with good deals on local accommodation in town should you need it.
Who is it for & why is it important to me?
This course is aimed at experienced operatives who carry out electrical work as a secondary task i.e. heating installers, bathroom and kitchen fitters and builders.
Electrical knowledge is required if an initial. If your Defined or Full Scope Part P certificate has, or is about to expire, it is recommended that as part of your Continuous Professional Development (CPD) you attend this course.
NB: From the 6th April 2013 the qualification entry requirements for companies or businesses wishing to join a Part P Competent Person Scheme (CPS) changed. The relevant change is for the designated qualifying supervisor (QS). In a larger organisation, the QS will be responsible for the competence and work of all installers carrying out electrical installations. Sole traders are both the QS and installer. The QS must hold as minimum the Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installation Work in Dwellings. For larger businesses, the DEI qualification can still be used for operatives who are under the direction of the qualifying supervisor. Sole traders must comply with the qualification entry requirement detailed above.
A full list of Competent Person Schemes can be found at: communities.gov website.
Completion of the course will provide you with a Certificate of Competence, increasing your credibility and giving you the competitive edge, as well as showing your customers that you are trained to the highest of standards.
How long is the course and what is included?
This course is 5 days in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and course material as well as lunch and refreshments throughout the day. 0% financing is available for this course (terms and conditions will apply).
What does the course cover?
The course covers;
- Component exchange
- Applicable building regulations
- Electrical safety legislation regulations, standards and terminology
- Pre-work survey / inspections
- Safe isolation procedures
- Identification of unsafe electrical situations
- Earthing and bonding requirements
- Electrical test procedures
- Cable components and fitting selection
- Installation and replacement of electrical components and fittings
- Checking the correct and safe operation of installed electrical components
- Recording of electrical test results, completion of certification and notification requirements
- Installing and or re-routing cables to form suitable outlet connections
- Special locations
- High protective conductors
- Domestic lighting circuits, SELV
- Maintaining domestic electrical installations
- 3 Phase supplies
How will I learn and be assessed?
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods; including multiple choice, short written response and scenario questions and observed practical tasks.
What do I need to bring to the course?
IET-Electrician’s Guide to the Building Regulations (4th Edition).
We also recommend the IET Onsite Guide (Amend 3 2015)
Any additional course material required will be provided by GTEC.
Who is the awarding organisation for this course?
LOGIC Certification Ltd.
You will receive your Certificate of Competence approximately 4 to 6 weeks following successful completion of the course.
What can this qualification lead on to?
Once you have completed this essential course there are many other areas you may choose to expand your professional development, including:
- Domestic Solar Photovoltaics Installation 3 Day Course
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations 3 Day Course
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations 1 Day Course