This course is aimed at M & E Contractors, Owners, Directors, Sole traders, Managers, Facilities and Building Managers, Building Services Engineers, Engineers of Building Services companies, and those who require a basic understanding of the renewable technologies currently available in the UK.
It is designed for anyone who has an interest in renewables and wants to gain a thorough overview and knowledge of the sustainable industry and energy efficiency. By the end of the course you will feel confident to be able to start thinking about installing/specifying renewable technologies and be able to discuss the project with renewable technology manufacturers/suppliers without fear of being ‘railroaded’ to a technology which may not be wholly appropriate.
Completion of the course will increase your credibility and give you the competitive edge, as well as showing your customers that you are trained to the highest of standards.
There are nor prerequisites for this course.
How long is the course and what is included?
This course is 2 days in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and course material.
What does the course cover?
The course covers;
- – Energy basics
- – What is renewable energy and why is it important
In addition, an introduction to the following technologies will be covered;
- – Photovoltaic’s (solar generated electricity)
- – Solar water heating (solar thermal) & thermal mass storage
- – Air, water and ground source heat pumps
- – Biomass & wood fuel heating
- – Small & medium scale wind generator’s
- – Combining renewable technologies – integration & controls
For each of the above technologies, the following will be covered:
- – Principle of operation
- – Energy application (heat/electricity/motion etc.)
- – Basic design & integration (an overview)
- – Site requirements (positioning/head of water/ground conditions etc.)
- – Energy effectiveness of each (payback and £’s spent offset against carbon output)
- – Relative efficiencies of each (if a client is determined to install a renewable technology which will be best for a given situation) – The hierarchy of energy applications in sustainability.
The following will also be covered:
- – Case studies to demonstrate, for each of the above, the benefits and drawbacks for each system
- – Summary of most effective systems, Q & A.
- – Knowledge based assessment (MCOQ)
How will I learn and be assessed?
The course entails both classroom and practical training, finishing with an assessment at the end of the course. During the course candidates will have the opportunity to see a fully functioning plant room encompassing a variety integrated renewable technologies.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All course material required will be provided by GTEC.
Who is the awarding organisation for this course?
LOGIC Certification Ltd.
You will receive your certificate approximately 4 to 6 weeks following successful completion of the course.
What can this qualification lead on to?
Once you have completed this essential course there are many other areas you may choose to expand your professional development, including:
- – Domestic Solar Photovoltaics Installation 3 Day Course
- – Domestic Solar Thermal Installation 3 Day Course
- – Hot Water Systems & Safety (including Unvented HWS) 1 Day Course
- – Biomass Installer 3 Day Course
- – Energy Efficiency (Part L) Course
- – Domestic Energy Assessor 3 Day Course
To book your place either click the link above or give us a quick call on 01969 666111 to speak to our training department.