This course is aimed at anyone who requires a comprehensive first aid course, or if they are the nominated first aider(s) or provide support to qualified first aiders. Completion of the course will provide you with an FAIB Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate, increasing your credibility and giving you the competitive edge, as well as showing your customers that you are trained to the highest of standards. This certificate is valid for 3 years.
How long is the course and what is included?
This course is 1 day in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and course material.
What does the course cover?
The course covers;
- – The role of emergency first aider
- – Up to date legislation
- – Effective use of first aid equipment
- – Understanding the chain of survival
- – Incident management
- – Dealing with unresponsive casualty – primary survey I secondary survey I recovery position / CPR
- – How to be confident in administering first aid in a variety of situations
- – The safe use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
You will also learn how to effectively help and administer first aid with the following;
- – Common workplace injuries
- – Choking
- – Unconsciousness
- – Shock
- – Wounds and bleeding
- – Seizures
- – Minor injuries
- – Catastrophic Bleeding
How will I learn and be assessed?
You will be assessed through a short multiple choice question paper and ongoing practical assessments
What do I need to bring to the course?
Any course material required will be provided by GTEC.
You will receive your certificate approximately 4 to 6 weeks following successful completion as all aspects of the course.
To book your place, either click the link above, or give us a quick call on 01969 666111 to speak to our training department.