This course is aimed at experienced oil operatives, or plumbers wishing to undertake oil work. Completion of the course allows you to expand into a new sector maintaining oil appliance such as, AGA and Rayburn and will increase your credibility, giving you the competitive edge, as well as showing your customers that you are trained to the highest of standards.
If you are a new entrant to the industry with no prior experience or skills (Category3), you are advised to take the OFTEC 50 basic course
Any plumbing, gas or heating & ventilation qualifications.
How long is the course and what is included?
This course is 1 day in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and course material.
What does the course cover?
The course covers;
- – OFTEC registration
- – Health & Safety
- – Oil supply systems
- – Oil storage requirements
- – Basic oil-fired appliance installation requirements
- – Heating system controls
- – Corrosion in heating systems
- – Oil fired vaporising appliances
- – Commissioning, servicing and fault-finding procedures – vaporising appliances
How will I learn and be assessed?
The course consists of theory & practical training, followed by written and practical assessments.
What do I need to bring to the course?
The OFTEC Technical Manuals (Manuals 1,3, 4 and 5) are used and OFTEC requires that all engineers should have a current copy of the manuals for reference in the field. These can be purchased directly from GTEC at a cost of £45 each, but please be sure to order well in advance of the course by calling us on 01969 666111.
Any other course material required will be provided by GTEC.
Who is the awarding organisation for this course?
LOGIC Certification Ltd.
You will receive your certificate of competence approximately 1 to 2 weeks following successful completion of the course.
What can this qualification lead on to?
Once you have completed this essential course there are many other areas you may choose to expand your professional development, including:
- – OFT10- 101: Domestic/Light Commercial Commissioning and Servicing – Pressure Jet Appliances
- – OFT10-600: Domestic & Non-domestic Oil Storage and Supply Installation
- – OFT10-105E: Domestic Oil Firing System Installation and Energy Conservation Measures in Buildings
To book your place, either click the link above, or give us a quick call on 01969 666111 to speak to our training department.