This course is aimed at heating engineers, design engineers and operatives in the building services industry looking to self-certificate their installations through one of the Competent Persons Schemes (CPS). There are no prerequisites for this course. Completion of the course will provide you with a Level 3 award, increasing your credibility and giving you the competitive edge, as well as showing your customers that you are trained to the highest of standards.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
How long is the course and what is included?
This course is 1 day in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and any course material.
What does the course cover?
The course covers the following:
- – Energy usage and the environment
- – Current legislation and building regulations
- – Current energy efficiency guidance documents
- – Domestic heating market and SEDBUK rating of appliances
- – Guidance on installing high efficiency appliances
- – Whole-house boiler sizing methodology and calculations
- – Guidance to consumers
- – Best practice in heating systems and controls
- – Commissioning systems for maximum efficiency.
By the end of the course you will:
- – Know the regulatory requirements and sources of guidance for energy efficiency standards for gas-fired and oil-fired heating appliances connected to ‘wet’ heating circuits
- – Be able to determine if a non-condensing boiler installation would be acceptable
- – Know the requirements relating to space heating primary circuits types and design for gas-fired and oil-fired ‘wet’ heating systems
- – Know the compliance standards requirements for hot water storage vessels
- – Know the requirements relating to the preparation and water treatment of hot water systems and wet central heating systems
- – Know the requirements relating to the commissioning of hot water systems and wet central heating systems
- – Know the requirements of the minimum standards for the control of gas-fired and oil-fired wet central heating systems
- – Know the requirements of the minimum standards for the control of insulation of pipework for gas-fired and oil-fired wet central heating and hot water storage systems
- – Know the requirements relating to stand-alone, glandless heating system circulators.
How will I learn and be assessed?
There will be a written assessment at the end of the training.
What do I need to bring to the course?
You must bring a passport style photo with you.
If you are taking this as a re-sit, please also bring a copy of your previous certificate. All additional course material required will be provided by GTEC.
Who is the awarding organisation for this course?
You will receive your certificate approximately 4 to 6 weeks following successful completion of the course.
Which other courses might be useful for me?
Once you have completed this essential course there are many other areas you may choose to expand your professional development, including:
- – Air Source Heat Pump Installation 3 Day Course
- – Domestic Solar Thermal Installation 3 Day Course
- – Biomass Installer 3 Day Course
To book your place, either click the link above, or give us a quick call on 91868 666111 to speak to our training department.